Tornadoes are one of the most destructive natural disasters to happen. Tornadoes can strike without a warning and cause death, injury, and destruction in their path. When tornadoes come our way, it is important that we take precautions and be aware of what to do when a tornado strikes.
A tornado is one of the most terrifying natural disasters. It can strike without warning and devastate everything in its path. If you are lucky enough to be near a shelter when a tornado strikes, there’s still no guarantee that it will provide protection from all of the debris being thrown around by winds as fast as 300 mph.
Below you will find 7 tips on how to survive a tornado:
- Be prepared by knowing where your safe place is located (a basement or interior room with no windows).
- Keep your mobile phone charged so you have contact with family members during an emergency
- Have an emergency kit for your home
- Keep children close by at all times if you have younger kids or babies with you and make sure everyone knows their address and phone number so they can provide contact information quickly
- Listen to local news reports and stay tuned
- Stay away from windows
- Don’t forget to pack necessary items like water,