If you are an outdoor person and you love to travel, then, issues regarding low battery are not new to you. Sometimes, even in the confines of our homes, problems on low battery are still experienced. All of the gadgets that we are using today depend on electrically charged batteries in order to function. But once the batteries of our favorite gadgets are drained of power, you will have no choice but to look again for your charger, plug it to an electric outlet and wait until the battery of your phone, tablet, or laptop has again been charged. But what if we experience a low battery issue not in our homes but in the wilderness? How do we charge our phones or tablets if there are no near electric outlets in the area? The answer: PORTABLE SOLAR CHARGERS!
As you’ve already known, around the world, there are millions of different portable chargers that are being offered to the public. But in this article review, we will just be focusing on 3 of the best portable solar chargers in the market today. How these different portable solar chargers differs from each other and what each has to offer.
Before we start on our portable solar chargers review, let us first list down the benefits and importance of why it is better to use solar portable chargers than the non-solar portable chargers.
Benefits of Solar Chargers
- They don’t require external electrical sources to recharge your batteries.
- Solar cells generate no emissions, waste or byproducts.
- Freedom of movement and environment friendly.
- High Efficiency: Constructed of the 20 watts High efficiency Solar power panel, the power conversion rate increases up to 21%-24%, providing enough power to charger 2 devices at same time.
- Fast charging Technology: with build-in smart IC chip, each port intelligently identifies your device and seeks to maximize its charging speed (up to 2.0A max per port or 3.0 A max overall)
- Highly Portable: Ultra lightweight (20 oz) and ultra compact (11.8 x 6.5in folded or 22.8 x 11.8in opened). Perfect charging pack to bring for quick charge anywhere there is Sun.
- Highly Durable: The canvas is created to withstand rugged durability for outdoor use. Exposure to damp conditions will not damage the exterior part of the solar charger.
- Package Content: Nekteck 20W Solar Charging Panel, 100cm Micro USB Cable, User Manual, 12 Month Worry-free Warranty
- Dual USB Ports: Dual USB ports with maximum 3.0A total output and capability of charging two devices simultaneously. Keep your devices fully charged on the go in no time.
- High Quality:The canvas is created to withstand rugged durability for outdoor use. with Ultra lightweight (20 oz) and ultra compact (11.8 x 6.5in folded or 22.8 x 11.8in opened) design, it easily fits in your backpack.
- Broad Compatibility:Compatible with all iphones, tablets, GPS, Camera and other USB-supported devices.
- Specifications:Power input: 20W High-efficiency Panel; Power output: 5V Standard USB port x 2; Output current: up to 3A (two USB port used simultaneously) up to 2A (one USB port used)
Review on the Nekteck 20W Solar Charger
The Nekteck 20W Solar Charger is made of matt black canvas with aqua highlights that when unfolded will reveal 3 solar panels. These solar panels use the American made solar panels from SunPower. The same material that were used on the Solar Impulse 2- the first solar plane to fly around the globe. It weighs around 1.2 pounds and measures about 12.6 x 6.7 x 1.7 inches when folded. It comes with 2 USB ports for you to simultaneously charge 2 gadgets at the same time. The Nekteck is also equipped with a smart IC chip that detects and identifies any gadget and safely delivers the exact amount of power for faster charging.
The Nekteck’s canvas construction is also very durable, sturdy, water resistant, and made-to-last. It has a metal eye-ring and rope loops for securing any gadget.
Using the Nekteck 20W Solar Charger is also very easy. Just unfold the solar charger and secure it on your backpack using the eye-ring, then, charge any of your devices as the 3 solar panels harness solar energy.
Pros and Cons of the Nekteck 20W Solar Charger
- Design makes it easy to mount and secure to receive maximum sun exposure
- High quality components and materials
- Max Wattage unrealistic
If you are looking for a high-quality solar charger, then the Nekteck 20W Portable Solar Charger is a good choice. Made from the highest quality component parts, it is a solid and sturdy portable solar charger that can be used wherever you go. It is easy to use and to set-up and its market price value in terms of wattage is better than most solar battery chargers on the market today. It is well worth your consideration.
- Exclusive iSolar Technology: It can automatically adjust the current and voltage to achieve maximum power,delivering its fastest possible current up to 1.5 amps per port or 3 amps overall under direct sunlight
- High Efficiency: Sunpower solar cell is made from US, up to 22%-25% efficiency, while most panels in the market are 15% efficiency
- Dual-USB Power: 14 watt sunpower provides enough power to charge cellphone and ipad mini at the same time
- Slim and Powerful: Foldable design, easy to carry around, eyeholes enable easy attachment to backpacks while hiking; Portable and frame design fits for outdoor and indoor use
- Package Contents: 14W foldable solar charger, carabiner, micro USB cable, instruction manual
- Power: 14W sunpower panel
- Transformation efficiency: 22%-25%
- Output: 5V2A(Max)
- Compact Size: 306 x182 x 10mm/ 12.1 x 7.2 x 0.39inch
- Opened Size: 410 x 306 x 3mm/ 16.1 x 12.1 x 0.12inch
- Weight: 0.48kg/16.9oz(same as the leader shoe)
- Worry-free warranty: 18 months product warranty for every purchase from X-DRAGON
Review on the X-DRAGON 14W Solar Charger
The X-DRAGON utilizes iSolar technology that allows it to automatically adjust its voltage power with respect to the gadget that uses it. It delivers the exact charging power for faster charging. The X-DRAGON is easy to carry due to its foldable design concept. And compared to other solar chargers in the market, the X-DRAGON has been tested to deliver up to 25% power efficiency than most of the portable solar chargers being offered today. The X-DRAGON’s USB ports are also compatible with most devices. Smartphones, tablets,iPAds,PSP, Headphones, and Bluetooth Speakers, name it and the X-DRAGON can charge it. Since the X-DRAGON is considered as an ultra-portable device, lightweight and easy to use, having one with you in all of your adventures will be a great advantage.
Pros and Cons of the X-DRAGON 14W Solar Charger
- Hook attachments to enable secure positioning
- Ultra bright light with three illumination modes including SOS signal
- Efficient charging even in poor light
- Holds charge well
- Apart from limited instruction leaflet, it was difficult to find any other cons.
The X-DRAGON 14W Solar Charger is a portable charger that is worth having. It is easy to use, fast charging, and most especially, it is very affordable. You will never go wrong in adding the X-DRAGON 14W Solar Charger in your outdoor survival tool kit.
- 10 Watt high-efficiency solar panel with foldable design offers excellent portability, ideal for emergency preparedness, backpacking, camping and other outdoor activities
- Built-in dual USB charging ports for directly plugging in iPhone, iPad and other USB compatible mobile devices
- No additional battery needed for charging external devices, 100% green energy with zero carbon footprint
- Power input: 10-watt Mono-crystalline solar panel
- Power output: 5V Standard USB port x 2
- Maximum output current: 2 amp
- Operating temperature: 32 – 86 F (optimal)
- Storage temperature: 32 –104 F (optimal)
- Dimensions: 9 X 6 X 2 inches (folded)
- 9 x 22 x ½ inches (unfolded)
- Weight: 18 Oz
- Warranty: 1-year
Review on the Instapark 10 Watt Solar Panel Portable Solar Charger
The Instapark 10 Watt Solar Panel Charger consists of 3 mono crystalline solar panels that are placed together in a foldable casing for portability. The 3 solar panels are compacted and oriented so that it is positioned to harness the maximum amount of solar energy possible. Each of the Instapark’s solar panel power output can generate 10 Watts of solar energy. It measures 9 X 6 X 2 inches and weighs just about 0.9 lb. It has 2 built-in USB ports for direct charging and can charge any gadget with USB charging ports.
The Instapark 10 Watt Portable Solar Charger is a solid, durable, fast charging and easy to use. You can easily attach it to your backpack and use it even on the go.
Pros and Cons of the Instapark 10 Watt Portable Solar Charger
- Lightweight, portable and compact gear.
- Spacious bag pocket can hold multiple devices conveniently.
- Can charge two USB supported devices at a time.
- Can charge Ipad completely in around 10 hours.
- Limited to charging USB devices.
- Stops charging during cloudy times.
- Doesn’t have an in-built battery.
The Instapark 10 Watt Solar Charger is a favorite among most outdoor enthusiasts. In fact, out of 5 stars, this product was given a score of 4.4 out of 5. And that really speaks of the products quality. The best thing about the Instapark 10 Watt Portable Solar charger is that, this portable solar charger is not just easy to use and dependable, but it is also affordable.
Finding the best portable solar chargers that suits you and your budget is really not that easy. But with these 3 portable solar products that we’ve reviewed in this article, I hope that you will now have an idea on what to look for when buying your own portable solar chargers. Yes, these solar chargers don’t come cheap, but the advantages that they offer will benefit you more in the long run.