In today’s market, there are countless options when buying emergency flashlights is concerned, and choosing one which suits your taste, budget, and lifestyle can be quite the challenge.
Emergency flashlights are not just simple flashlights. These flashlights bring to mind the heavy duty and bright flashlights carried by campers or security guards. In any hiking or outdoor survival adventures, survival flashlights should always be included in one’s survival tool kit.
It’s not only in the great outdoors that you need survival flashlights. They also come in handy in any emergency situations and also in everyday life. In fact, flashlights are one of the most common tools that you should always have – ready to be used in any type of situation, anytime and anywhere.
In this article review, we will be looking at 3 of the best emergency flashlights available in the market today. Their strengths and weaknesses and what make them stand out from all the other emergency flashlights in the market today.
- Super Bright 300 Lumens (Max Output) LED Producing An Intense Beam of Light up to 600 feet
- Intelligent, High / Low / Strobe Modes Means You Will be Ready For Anything That Comes Your Way
- Runs Off a Single AA Battery or a 14500 Rechargeable (not included) and gives hours of use
- Heavy Duty, Compact and Tough as Nails makes the J5 tactical V1-PRO the perfect for Hunting, Camping
- If you are not completely happy with your new flashlight. We Will Replace Or Refund Your Purchase
- The Beam can sweep light over the length of two football fields on a clear night.
- Adjustable Focus Range – Zoom in for an intense beam or out for wider illumination.
- Amazing Strength Considering It uses only a single AA Battery (not included)
- A Single Battery will give you more than a solid hour of brilliant bright light.
- Compact Tactical Design – tough as nails.
- Will Impress Your Friends and Yourself.
- Modes: On-Off
- Color: Black
- Lumens: 300LM (manufacturer rated)
- Reflector: Convex Lens
- Material: Aluminum alloy
- Model of LED: J5 LED
- Switch: Tail-cap press ON/OFF
- Battery: 1 x AA or 1 x 14500 3.7v Battery (not included)
- Size: 3.7×1.0×1.0 Inches
- Weight: 2.3 ounces without battery
Review on the J5 Tactical V1-PRO
The Size and Weight
The V1-Pro is 4 inches long and weighs about 5 ounces with battery. When extended, its length will reach up to 4.5 inches. The casing of the V1-Pro has a diameter of 1.2 inches at its widest point.
From its lightweight design and relatively small size, the V1-Pro is an ideal travel flashlight that is perfect for emergency situations. Its light output is impressive and it’s also small enough even for kids to use.
How to Operate the Flashlight
The J5 Tactical V1-Pro has three operating modes: Low, High, and Strobe. All modes are separated by an off mode. After inserting your battery, your first click will activate the high mode, then off, then low mode, then off, and finally the strobe mode. When activated, the high mode will be about two times brighter than your low mode. The strobe mode when activated will give you high beam flashes about 3 times per second.
In emergency situation, activating your flashlights strobe mode can be the difference between life and death. The strobe mode can be used to signal for help as well as distract any would be attacker. The strobe mode light from the V1-Pro can be seen as far as 100 meters away, making it a good option if you want to signal for help.
Pros and Cons
- Adjust the focus of the beam by pulling the head of the flashlight.
- The aluminum alloy used in the flashlight’s body is as high as an aircraft’s body.
- It is strong enough to resist substantial impacts.
- It can withstand water.
- The LED light is so bright at 300 Lumen.
- It is only powered by a single AA battery.
- It is easy to grab because of its anti-slip grip.
- It has a portable size and easy to carry with its belt clip.
- It is small and lightweight.
- It can quickly change modes from the bright mode, dim mode and to a flashing mode
- The low setting has no relevant use.
- Only runs on a single battery that will not last long.
The J5 Tactical V1-PRO is one of the most popular and best selling emergency flashlights in the market today. It has over 71 percent 5-star Amazon reviews and costs just over 13 dollars. It has already sold more than 2000 items through Amazon and thousands more via other online sellers. If you are looking for a lightweight, durable, easy to carry and budget friendly emergency flashlight, then, the J5 Tactical V1-Pro is perfect for you. It only uses a single AA battery and has 3 very effective multifunctional operating modes. It is also proven tested and greatly reviewed by more than 2 thousand people who have already purchased and tried this product. Now, if that doesn’t tell you something, then I don’t know what will.
- Long Lasting Ultra-Bright LED
- Water, Weather, and Impact Resistant
- 5 Light Modes (High, Medium, Low, Flash, SOS)
- Zoomable – From Wide Area to Focused Beam
- Tactical Tail Switch for Fast and Easy Operation
- Made of Durable High-Grade Aluminum
- Anti-Roll Body Design
- Front Strike Bezel for Self Defense or Breaking a Window in an Emergency
- Smart Power Management Allows for Hours of Continuous Use
- Takes Three AAA Batteries or a Single 18650 Rechargeable Battery (Batteries Are Not Included)
- 2x LuxPower Tactical V1000 LED Flashlights
- 2x Hand Straps
- 2x 18650 Battery Tubes (Batteries Are Not Included)
- 1x Warranty Card
- 1x Operation Guide
Review on the LuxPower Tactical V1000 LED Flashlight
Measuring 5.35 inches long and weighing just 5.28 ounces without batteries, the LuxPower Tactical V1000 is one of the best emergency tactical flashlight in the market today. It has a super bright light which comes with 5 different modes. High, medium, low, strobe, and SOS for emergency signal purposes. The LuxPower can also withstand any level of abuse. It has water and shock resistant properties and it can also function in any sorts of weather conditions. The LuxPower V1000 is constructed from an aerospace-grade aluminum alloy. It has a strike bezel for emergency situations, knurling for firm grip, and anti-abrasive black finish. The V1000 has a maximum output of 1000 lumens and a beam throw distance of over 300 meters. It also has an adjustable focus function for a zoom-in and zoom-out light beams.
The V1000 uses a 18650 rechargeable battery or 3 AAA sized batteries (Both not included in the package). All LuxPower Tactical V1000 LED flashlights come with a 1-year hassle free warranty where you can ask for a refund or product exchange any time without any questions being asked.
Pros and Cons
- Super bright with multiple modes
- Weather, water, and shock resistant
- Compact and easy to use
- Could be brighter but still a good emergency flashlight
If you are looking for a good and quality emergency flashlight, the LuxPower Tactical V1000 LED flashlight is a good choice. You can use the V1000 not only in your outdoor adventures but also at home. Whether you are camping, walking your dog at night, or searching for that box in the attic, the V1000 is a very reliable companion and a great addition to your survival tool kit.
- CynergyLifelight Waterproof Rechargeable Crank Flashlight
- Features a rechargeable LED flashlight, emergency power for handheld digital devices (iPhones, Smartphones, and more!) from the built in USB port
- It comes with a compass, a seat belt cutting knife, a safety window breaking hammer, a red light flash, and magnets for easy mounting.
- Rechargeable flashlight never runs out of power
- Item weight: 9.9 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 2.3 x 3.7 inches
- 1 Lithium ion batteries requires (included)
- Material: Impact resistant plastic
- Type of bulb: LED
- Assembled Diameter: 3.5 inches
Review on the CynergyLifelight Waterproof Rechargeable Crank Flashlight
When it comes to emergency flashlights, the CynergyLifelight is on top of the list. It is truly a survival flashlight that is handy in variety of survival situations. The CynergyLifelight can be used in many ways. It provides good light and can also serve as an emergency signal. It can be used to break car windows, seatbelts, and most of all, it can charge any gadgets you have thru its USB port. This flashlight also has a built-in compass and a red flasher that you can use in case you are lost.
The CynergyLifelight is made from the highest quality materials. It is waterproof as well as impact-resistant. It is rechargeable and has a hand crank for emergency purposes. The best thing about this survival flashlight is it can be used without batteries or the need of electricity. And with a price tag of just under 30 dollars, the CynergyLifelight can be a good addition to your survival toolkit.
Pros and Cons
- Commendable accessories
- Multipurpose use
- Great performance
- Budget friendly
- Easy to use
- Will not stick in your cars roof in high winds
- An improvement that makes it possible to store the adapters within the flashlight is necessary
Backpackers and survivalists alike described the CynergyLifelight flashlight as the best survival flashlight in the world today. It doesn’t only give you light but can also be used in any emergency situations. Whether you are lost in the wilderness or you are having car problems, the CynergyLifelight can help you in many ways. This is why, the CynergyLifelight is the most recommended emergency flashlight not only for outdoor adventurers but for everyone as well.
All the three emergency flashlights reviewed in this article are all great flashlights in their own way and can be a good addition to your survival tool kit. While each flashlight has its own pros and cons, the most important thing to remember is that all three emergency flashlights were meticulously designed, tested, sealed, and approved before it was released in the market. It is now up to you to choose which emergency flashlight suits you best. Doing a little bit of research on the different emergency flashlights in the market today will also help you greatly in choosing your very own emergency flashlight.