Is the urban life giving too much pressure on your daily lives? Have you been dreaming of experiencing breath-taking views and picture perfect landscapes? Yes? Well, maybe it’s time for you to unwind and go on that needed outdoor adventure that you have been dreaming and planning for so long. But before you embark on your grand outdoor adventure, you must first take into account one of the most important tools that you will need in your outdoor getaway: your personal outdoor camping tent.
In the great outdoors, the camping tent is one of the basic requirements. A tent that’s not only durable, portable and easy to carry, but also serves as your protection when the sun sets into the horizon.
There are so many types of outdoor tents in the market today. Each with its own pros and cons as well as to what it has to offer. In this review, we will be looking at the three most talked about and best selling outdoor tents that are being offered in the market today:
- Alps Mountaineering Lynx 1 Tent
- Yodo Lightweight 2-Person Camping Backpacking Tent
- Snugpak Ionosphere 1-Person Tent
Product Description and Specifications:
- Product Dimensions: 32 x 90 x 36 inches ; 3.9 pounds
- Polyester taffeta
- Free standing two pole design with 7000 series aluminum poles
- Easy assembly with pole clips
- 75D 185T polyester fly resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory sealed fly and floor seams give best weather protection
- 75D 185T poly taffeta floor with 2000mm coating
- Vestibule for gear storage and extra weather protection
- Weatherproof fly buckles on for maximum adjust-ability and protection
- Half mesh walls increase ventilation
- Extra large #8 zippers on door and vestibule
- Includes: Mesh Storage Pockets, Gear Loft, 7075 Aluminum Stakes and Guy Ropes
A Closer Look…
Vestibule, Storage and Ventilation
One of the most essential features of this tent is its large vestibule. The tent’s large vestibule allows you to store up to 65 liters in the vestibule even while sleeping. Inside the tent, you will also find three mesh stash pockets. One of the meshes is removable as a gear loft and it is suspended above the head area. Another great feature of this tent is its mesh walls. All of the walls of this tent and also its doorway are all mesh allowing good ventilation during hot weather.
Rain Fly, Zippers and Poles
The Alps Lynx 1 has a very durable and quality sealed rain fly. The fly has two vents on the narrow sides of the tent. With its adjustable tension straps, setup, adjustment and removal of the rain fly can be done quickly and easily. All the poles of the tent are made from sturdy aluminum and the tents zipper good, smooth and quiet.
Pros and Cons of the Alps Lynx 1
The Alps Lynx 1 even with its good design still comes with its pros and cons.
- Free standing
- Easy to setup
- Spacious vestibule
- Side door
- Strong and stable construction
- No footprint
- A bit on the heavy side
The Alps Lynx 1 is a good choice for people who are looking for a personal outdoor tent that is full of features. From the large attached vestibule that offers extra room to stow away your extra gears to the polyester fly that’s compatible to any weather conditions, the Alps Lynx 1 can be considered as one of the best outdoor tents in the market today. Its aluminum frames are sturdy and can be assembled easily. The tent is also water proof and all the main fly and floor seems are factory tested, approved and sealed. There is also a detailed instruction on how to setup the tent quickly and easily attached to the inside of the carrying bag.
Product Description and Specifications:
- Material: durable polyester with PU coating
- Light weight: 3.1 pounds
- Open Dimensions: 78 x 55 x 43 inches,
- Pack Dimensions: 5.5 x 2.1 x 23.5 inches
- Rain Fly Vented Roof
- Two Durable Glass-fiber Poles (6.9mm Dia.)
- 4 Metal Stakes
- 1 storage bag
- Easy entry front door with two-way zippered mesh window
- Large mesh side wall vents at top provide excellent ventilation
- Relatively lightweight and easy set up with a carry bag
- Ideal for Backpacking Scout Outdoor Camping Hiking Fishing
Review on the Yodo Lightweight 2 Person Camping Tent
With a price tag of only $28.99, the Yodo tent can be considered a steal for its price. It is lightweight, waterproof, easy to setup, and comes with a carry bag for easy travel. This tent is also just right for two persons. The Yodo tent has a single door which makes access hustle free and its 2-way zippered mesh windows is perfect for a that romantic night sky stargazing activity. While the vented roof doesn’t totally keep the rain out, it still provides good protection from outdoor bugs.
Pros and Cons of the Yodo 2-Person camping Tent
- Sturdy and durable Glass fiber poles and metal stakes
- Easy to setup
- Reflective guide ropes for greater night visibility
- The tent’s fabrics are soft and thin
If you, your family or your friends are planning to go on an outdoor adventure and you are looking for an affordable but reliable camping tent, then the Yodo Tent will be a good choice. Setting up the Yodo is also very easy. Five minutes, and you’re done. While it may be a tight fit for two adults, it is perfect for two children. Even if the tent’s fabric is not quite strong, it will still keep you dry even if the rain starts to pours from the sky.
- Small and compact
- Low profile with a 5000 mm PU coated fly
- Single entry and all seams are taped
- Flysheet is a lightweight 210t Polyester Rip Stop up with a 5000mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Inner Tent constructed of 190t Nylon with Polyester Mesh
- 50D Polyester No-See-Um-Mesh
- DAC Feather lite NSL anodized poles with press fit connectors
- Comes with a Repair Kit
- Weight: 1520 g.
- Dimensions (L x W): 2.4 m x 0.9 m (94 x 44 in).
– front: 0.7 m,
– bottom: 0.4 m.
- Packed size: 48 cm length, 14 cm width.
- Poles: 2 DAC featherlite NSL anodized aluminum, press fit connections.
- Lightweight 190t polyester mesh inner, with 50 D No-See-Um mesh mosquito net.
- Lightweight 190t nylon 5000 mm waterproof PU floor.
- Lightweight 210t ripstop fly with 5000 mm waterproof PU coating.
- Taped seams.
- Side door.
- Stakes and pegs included.
The Snugpak is a two-layered mesh tent that goes all round you and above you. Because of this, you are assured that you will be protected from any insects that crawls, flies, or slithers. And most importantly, you will be protected from the elements.
The Snugpak tent is not freestanding. This means that when setting up this tent, you need to anchor it into the ground. The tent is also somewhat low but for good measure, it offers a lot of useful space. The entrance of the tent is side-type and its zipper is protected by a wide flap. The tent is durable and sturdy and most importantly, it is waterproof.
The Snugpak has two poles and both are made from DAC TH72M anodized aluminum poles with pre-curved sections, press fit connectors and color coded for easy setup. The only difference between these two poles are one is shorter than the other. All poles are color coded and fit into color coded sleeves, both in front and at the bottom.
Pros and Cons of the Snugpak
- Easy setup
- Very spacious
- Good price
- Great value for money
- Water proof
- No footprint
- Not freestanding
- No vents in the fly
- Entrance is a little bit small if you are a big person
This tent was given great reviews by tent enthusiasts as well as from people who have purchased and tried this product. This means that the Snugpak is a good tent to consider for backpackers and for overnight hikers. Its overall weight is reasonable considering its size and the tent’s price is reasonable. One note to consider before buying this tent is to remember that the Snugpak tent is not a freestanding tent.
All three tents, no doubt, are all great and awesome outdoor survival tents. Each tent has its own advantages and disadvantages. But what product doesn’t have one? All of the three tents reviewed also have things in common. All three of them are easy to setup and fold, affordable, lightweight, and most of all, they serve the purpose in which it was created for.
While the price of the tents may factor in the decision making of each individual who wishes to buy this kinds of survival tents, the size of the tent and the kind of terrain in which they want to travel to will also be a key factor in choosing the right and appropriate tent to be used.